Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Shadow Box Frame

I always LOVE going into the picture frame aisle to see what sort of frames have come out now. I am especially fond of shadow box frames. I have always wanted to make one, and to my surprise, it was even easier than I thought it would be! 

I picked up a 5x7 frame with a matt (from Target). I used my Cameo to cut out the words "Merry Christmas" at 1 1/2 inches, in dark green vinyl. Then I cut out a Christmas ornament at 3 inches (from top to bottom) in dark red. I peeled the excess vinyl and used my blue painters tape to apply the images where I wanted them on the glass.  

The frame was fine with just these images, but I had cut out this 3D poinsetta and really loved it, so I used foam to add it to the bottom of the frame. I love this frame and plan on using it with the Santa photo of my kids this year! 



You can add any embellishments to the frame (gems or stickers) in place of the vinyl and poinsetta. Just get creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment