Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wood Art

I have had this wood plaque and W for a while and decided I wanted to use them for some craft room decor! This project was quite simple. I used a sheet of scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, Mod Podge, and the wood plaque and W. 

 I started by painting the edges of the plaque and the W blue. 



Next i cut my scrapbook paper with an Xacto knife to the size of the plaque face (would be easier if it was a square or rectangle shape). Then I used Mod Podge to glue the paper down. (You could take a nail file to the edges to take away any gap between the paper and the plaque) 


Now I hot glued the W to the plaque where I wanted it.



I had some floral embellishments from my local craft store, I added a brad and put three of the together, then I hot glues two of the flowers to the W. I painted Mod Podge all over the plaque. 



Last I added ribbon to the back of the plaque for hanging (you could also hardware). Now it is hung in my craft room (not on that hook, that was just for a photo op!). I love the way it turned out and how simple it was to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment