Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ornament Wreath (Larger)

The process is very similar tot he mini ornament wreath. The main differences are the size of the wreath form, and I used two sizes of ornaments. 


I started with a 12 inch wreath form and a few boxes of larges glass ornaments (red, green, and pearl) and three boxes of mini glass ornaments (red, green, and pearl). I removed the tops of all the ornaments. 


I started again with gluing the ribbon to the wreath for hanging.


Next I began the process of gluing the ornaments down. I started by gluing the larger ornaments all around the outer form of the wreath. 

Next I glues large ornaments on the inner portion of the wreath (you can change this up if you want the end result to have more of an opening. Change it by either gluing all smaller ornaments around the inner portion, or alternating smaller and larger ornaments, it really has to do with your preference!).

After I had the outer and inner portions covered, I began gluing large ornaments all around the form, until it was covered. 

Next I began placing the smaller ornaments in the areas that had gaps left from the larger ornaments (I was trying to keep colors separated and random). 

Now the wreath is all done! I could have added snowflakes like the other, but I preferred the simple ornaments without an embellishment. If you wanted you could add a bow to the ribbon or directly on the ornaments. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment