Wednesday, December 5, 2012


I know I already posted one menu board, but this one is slightly different, and made especially for someone else! 

I started with a magnet box 12x12, 2 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper,  a few sheets of 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 cardstock, some vinyl and alpha stickers, and bottle caps. 

I began by cutting the paper for the pocket to hold the menu items 6 inches. Then I scored three sides of the paper at 3/4 inch. I folded the sides over and added adhesive with my ATG gun. Then I placed the pocket on the 12x12 scrapbook paper. 

Next I cut out the label using my Cricut Expression and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I used a 2 3/4 inch setting at fit to length. I ran this through my xyron sticker maker and added it to the pocket on the 12x12 scrapbook paper. 

Next I used some alpha stickers to put the word "meals" on the pocket. 

I cut out 7 1 inch circles from the scrap of paper used for the pocket. I glued these down to the bottle caps and added alpha stickers for the days of the week. 

To glue the bottle caps down I used my foam adhesive. Since it wasn't thick enough I used three foam pieces per bottle cap, and placed them on the 12x12 paper. 

I cut the word "Menu" out with my Silhouette at 2 inches, using the same scrap paper from the pocket. I ran this through the xyron sticker maker as well, and added it to the 12x12 paper. 

Next came the fun part!! First I cut out strips  of cardstock at 1x6 1/2. Then I used my silhouette and a sheet of vinyl to cut out each meal item. Then I used my blue painters tape and added each meal item to the strips of cardstock. After everything was ready I added Mod Podged to the entire board and the strips of paper (including the bottle caps). 

I placed some magnets on the bottom to hold the meals on their respective days.  (not pictured)


I hope this gave you some inspiration to make your own menu!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment